Please see the following job posting from Statoil Canada:
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR (TWO YEAR CONTRACT)
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 37 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. Statoil is headquartered in Norway with 21,000 employees worldwide, and is listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
A growing part of Statoil’s Canadian operations is offshore Newfoundland, where we have ambitions to become a producing operator. Statoil has built a strong position in the province, managing non-operated production and field developments as well as operating several exploration programs. Statoil is a partner in the Hibernia and Terra Nova fields as well as the Hebron and Hibernia South Extension developments.
Our communication initiatives (internal & external) support Statoil Canada’s offshore business initiatives through a variety of activities, sponsorships and media.
For the present position we are seeking a candidate with detailed knowledge and experience within the Communications field. This position is a two-year contract, based in St John’s NL.
Support Statoil Canada’s offshore business in the development and execution of communications initiatives (internal and external), including:
* Communication and stakeholder management
* Sponsorship and branding activities
* Article writing and support for Intranet
* Digital management
* Presentation development
* Media relations support
* Issue management
* Emergency response management and on-call duties
* Communications/journalism or political science degree or related discipline
* 10+ years of corporate communications experience
* Solid writing skills, with the ability to adapt technical material into easy-to-
* Ability to create and deliver effective presentations
* Solid project management skills
* Strong computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and cultivate strong relationships
with media, as well as internal and external stakeholders
* A team player who brings creativity, enthusiasm, and a strategic outlook
* Exemplifies the company’s core values of integrity, |
excellence, discipline, commitment, teamwork, innovation, and respect
Statoil offers competitive compensation. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
You can read more about our exciting opportunities in Statoil Canada onwww.statoil.com/careers (Apply by 26 February 2013). This is the direct link to the posting from external career site: http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_statoil/external/en_us/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=47&localeCode=en-us <http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_statoil/external/en_us/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=47&localeCode=en-us>